January 8, 2013

Oh Blog, Why have I stopped posting?


Firstly, apologies to the minority readership acquired by this blog. Come on, Admit it! I did see analytics rise and fall in between so I know a few of you do come by every so often.

My posts have been erratic due to the main reason that I can't seem to figure out the direction I want to head in with regards to the blog. Now initially, as a school going child, I initiated the blog to talk about myself and the things that interested me. Through college, posts continued in similar fashion with a more than honest inclusion of posts related to the Bachelors of Mass Media course I was pursuing. Now having got through a phase where I essentially opted for blogging as a method to let people hear me out, the blog gathers cobwebs and I can't really get my self to post both regularly and also post with clarity.

A topic I see myself remotely hovering about is Food. Because well, it's food and people who know me well know how much the word dominates my personal space. It is extremely easy to enter this sphere of 'Food-blogging' as they call it, but challenging again to maintain variation and sustain interest. After all, who is going to listen to someone who:
1. Eats all his meals according to a schedule.
2. Eats Green Leafy Vegetables for 2 out of every 3 meals consumed.
3. Eats only Chicken and Fish from the plethora of meats out there to eat.
So the above has got me worried that I won't be able to combine my interests for food and my way with writing into something cumulatively interesting.

The second topic that hovers before me is a mix of current affairs and current technology. Essentially dishing out an opinion on everything that's happened within the past few days every time. An audience for such writing also seems lame considering that there are a lot of people out there doing the same and in much better fashion.

My fear is that after college, the touch of humor I was able to put into my writing has run out dry. Even my personal writing skills only see contribution for the company I work with, not at a personal level. That has got me worried.  I need a place to continuously talk about something and make sure that there is someone listening too for self gratification. Being eager for public appraisal is very much an Aries Trait and something I see the need for on a daily basis.

So this is not a resolution, but here's hoping I have an active blog for the year 2013 and seemingly beyond. Hope your festive season was top notch!

PS: Been reading my blog from some time and have a plan of action on the field I'll be good at writing about?  Contact me please. I'll reward you with some kind words of acknowledgement, if nothing else.

No comments: