July 27, 2010

Some Little-Big Festival I spoke about..

More than a week has passed since the most talked about festival, (In my facebook account atleast) having passed. Mixed emotions had previously prevailed and still do. Stuff like, "what now, Brian?", "Your three years are done" kept moving through my mind. More so as I saw my fellow comrades from the '09 version of the very popular fest (Yes, you should realize by now, I am trying to write the post without mentioning the very name of the festival).

The three days this time around carried the same little powerful concoction of love,quarrels, oodles of sweat, energy drinks and a few good showers of rain. As a proud third year, I made sure I was at hand all the time, but only stepped in for a bit of damage control. Reason being, no matter how much i wanted, the 2010 version just wasn't my fest. I mean, i still cared about this mammoth of a media-mash but this year, there were people who cared much much more. Who probably shed more tears and blood getting into it than i may have ever done even in my three years as that huge dodgy security volunteer.

Again, as much as i would want to give a day-by-day synopsis of my first love, I shouldn't do so as it would probably spoil the reason behind this post anyway.

I can only say that as i sat there as one of the many in the crowd of white T-shirts (some with ugly brown patches and some with really sweaty armpits) waiting for the Chairperson (A junior I love and Adore, Tushar)to speak, I could only have preserved this moment for eternity. After all, Last Polaris Man (There I said it!) Its probably atleast another 5 years before I can return to this platform as an eager judge, or a Rich and smiling sponsor. Before that happened, i wanted to get in all i can. I probably gave bear hugs to 60-odd people in that hour. I sank into tears and was laughing wholeheartedly right in the next moment. One moment I loved Sudu for something, the next moment I cursed him for eating into the Chairperson's speech.

But there was nothing, nothing at all that could stop me from being a proud BMM Wilsonian that particular night. Nothing could help me stop grinning, even the fact that I had to catch a bus to Mahabaleshwar in about 6 hours time, nor the fact that my body was aching in weird places i never knew existed.

Thats the magic my friends, THAT is exactly what happens when you give in your all. You just sit down and take it in, ONE last time.

No comments: